November 22, 2005

Quit Yer Bitchin'

I promise that I will..that is..quit my bitching soon.

I got so excited by getting on the scale every morning and seeing progress that when I quit seeing progress, it got really discouraging.

On top of that, my belly seems bigger, my clothes a little tighter. UG.

The scale says I haven't gained (and haven't lost), and I need to be proud of 20 pounds, but it's just hard getting motivated.

Part of it too, I think, was reacing my goal.

My husband is a HUGE fan of the Pistons. He literally can not be torn from the screen when they are on. He is their most ardent supporter, even before they were NBA champs. Two years ago, when it appeared they actually had a chance of winning the playoffs, he voiced a small worry. He said (to paraphrase) that he had been watching them all these years, rooting them on even when they were not a big "superstar" team, and now they were about to do what he had been sure they could do for years. He was afraid that when they won the championship, he would feel great...but then a little let down, because they had reached the top and there was no where left to go.

Fortunately for him (and for them), they did win, and he found that he still loved them and still roots for them with as much enthusiasm as before.

I think I had a little taste of that this week. I had been so focused on my goal of 20 pounds that it was a big deal to me when I reached it. But when I finished celebrating, I had to get back to work. Though my next goal is only 5 pounds away, starting again just seemed a little hard, and not as exciting as before.

So, I've lost 20 pounds. That's awesome, but it's also just a drop in the bucket. I need to get re-enthused, remotivated, and charge on in to keep losing weight.

Because, I've watched the Pistons this year. They reached their goal, and they still play basketball like rockstars. If they can do it, so can I.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, at one point during a diet you metabolism starts to slow down and calories are burned il lessed quantities. they say its because your body sends alarms of starvation to your metabolism. The trick is to revet to normal eating haits (no excess) for a day or two and start your diet again. This sort of sets the matabolism process on again!

good luck!

Fitèna

November 22, 2005 6:49 AM  
Blogger cmhl said...

you can do it--- 20 pounds is awesome, and the last 5 pounds always seems the hardest.. maybe shake things up a little-- up your water intake or eat more fruit, something like that?

November 22, 2005 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home