December 26, 2005

The New Leaf Has Been Turned

Christmas was awesome. My kids had a blast, our family was all together, there was much laughing, love, and tearing open of presents. My girls went to bed happy, content, and very sleepy. Today we laid around in our pjs checking out all our new toys and playing with the big yellow ball, which was a big yellow hit with Sassafrass.

I set aside my weight loss goals for the weekend. (For the weekend? Hee. Ok, so they were technically already set aside, humor me.) And today I had planned on getting back on track, but family was still here, there were leftovers, I think you can fill in the blanks.

However, there will be no more room for slack. I have gained back 6 pounds (My husband this morning said, "Really? Because it would take me months to gain that much weight." Oh yes, there were words. He really does suffer from What's The Most Wrong Thing I Can Say Disease, but he has a good heart, so I'll forgive him.) and gaining it all back is not only depressing, but just not what I consider an option right now.

The fridge and the cupboard have been relieved of their junk food. My notebook is on the counter, ready to record the 1200 calories I'm allowed tomorrow, and I've penciled in what I'm allowed for meals and snacks. I'm geared up and ready to go.

This is it, people. If I can not get back on this diet tomorrow, if I let another week slip by without some discipline, I fear I'll have failed.

I can do this, I know I can..

4 Comments:

Blogger cmhl said...

good for you!!! this is a great time to recommit---

and yes, that was a tactless thing your dh said. ugh. haha.

December 26, 2005 10:09 PM  
Blogger Her Grace said...

Thanks! Hope your Christmas was a good one!

December 27, 2005 10:21 AM  
Blogger Christi Nielsen said...

Aren't men just so funny?
:-)
Well I pigged out so much over Christmas that I didn't even eat anything all day yesterday. Just wasn't hungry. That's a full tummy, honey!!!

December 27, 2005 1:09 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I think with a little effort I could gain 6 pounds in a night...

December 27, 2005 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home