January 26, 2006

Because the Scale Is an Annoying Piece of Tin

Life has improved dramatically for me since I decided to quit weighing myself every day. I mean, really, who is surprised?

I needed that immediate feedback in the beginning. I needed to see the weight come off. But when it quit coming off, and then started (horrors) going back on, it was just too much for my fragile fat self to face every morning.

Instead, I'm working out every day. Six days a week I do a 3 mile walking tape. (When the weather clears around here, I'll take that walking outside, strapping the girls side by side in the jogger and doing my best to ignore their protests. Which will promptly stop when we reach the park, a convienient two miles or so away.) Three days a week, I'll do pilates. If you do the math, that means that two days a week I need to put in both 45 minutes of walking and 45 minutes of pilates. Believe me when I say this is easier said that done.

I just put in the pilates DVD a minute ago. I already did my walking tape this morning.

Sass: "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to exercise while you and Party Girl play."

"What?"

"I'm going to exercise."

"What?" (This is an all purpose term of Sass's that means "I heard you, but you must be joking, because you couldn't possibly mean what I think you mean.")

"You could join me."

"What?"

"You could stretch with me."

"Noooo...I don't think that's a good idea. Will you inzip my jammies?"

(I learned yesterday that inzip does not mean unzip. It most definitely does not. In fact, it means the opposite of unzip, despite sounding almost exactly like unzip. Inzip means to zip the jammies up. Do not be mistaken, or there will be consequences. Loud, screaming consequences. You've been warned.)

In any case, lots of working out, trying not to fill my face, and no more scale for a while.

Oh, and I picked a 5K for June. It's local, in a neighboring town, and early summer. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you doing all that exercise!!! I am following orders (sir!) & not weighing myself either (sir!). xxxxx

January 26, 2006 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!

January 26, 2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

zoe comes up with her own words too. until she was over 2 she called water "ANGH" we knew what she meant, but she would get so frustrated with other people. She called pool water "water" or the ocean was "water" but drinking water was "ANGH"

good job on not weighing. i don't weigh nearly as often as i used to. for my own sanity. I've come a long way but I have so much further to go.

January 26, 2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

OK. I had a bad calorie day yesterday. So this morning I'm up and exercising. A little guilt goes a long way! Good luck on the 5K training... maybe by then I'll feel confident enough to do it with you.

January 27, 2006 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home