January 02, 2006

Fine Tuning

So, the last three days, besides my little fast food freak-out the other night, have been pretty decent. Today I at dinner at my Mom's, ate well, had seconds, and ate until I was full, but it was my only meal of the day, so I think I probably still hit under 1200 calories.

I'm still not being diligent enough, I think. I'm guessing, I'm rounding, I'm not writing everything down, so I'm adding in something that I think will help.

I got the idea from Janey at Bloggy...Bloggy, and I hope she doesn't mind that I'm pirating it.

Each day, I'm going to put in an entry with my weight (gasp..my heart is fluttering at the thought, but I think I need to do it), my calories that day, any exercise, and if I've reached my goal of the week that day.

(One of the things I added with the new year was a goal of the week. This week it is to drink 4-5 16 oz. glasses of water a day. So far I haven't done it...see..I need to be held accountable somewhere.)

So at the beginning of each entry will be:

Weight:
Calories:
Exercise:
Daily Goal:

Then I'll start typing all the nonesense I usually type, or won't type at all if I have nothing to say that day.

I need to be accountable, to myself, but being accountable to myself in private just doesn't work for me. So I'll be accountable here.

So, if you want to know how much I weigh..check in tomorrow. Even the blog will probably be blushing with embarrassment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I'm impressed with your bravery. I had trouble when the chicky-babe at Weight Watchers would weigh me in each week. Accountability is a strong motivator - more power to you!

January 02, 2006 10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I hope the daily thing works for you!, it really helps me to focus. Thanx for the mention, I love reading your blog and will keep reading regularly. Good luck!!xxx

January 03, 2006 5:54 AM  
Blogger Her Grace said...

Margaret,

Yeah, I know, but something really needs to be done! When I started this blog, it was meant to keep me accountable, and that fact that people are actually reading it now, I find is making me less honest. I need to get back to why I started it in the first place!

Janey-

Someone loves reading my blog?? You just made my day! Thanks for the comment and good luck to you too! Losing weight AND trying to be vegan? Kudos to you!

January 03, 2006 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home