January 13, 2006

Meme oh Meme oh My!

----------------------------------
You know, a few months ago, I had no idea what a *meme was. The first time I came across it, I had to look it up. Now look at me. No longer a newbie blogger, I've been tagged! Thanks Lauri!

So, here we go:

1. What were you doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago, I was in my last semester of undergrad, student teaching in an elementary special education classroom. My host teacher was toying with retirement, and ended up taking leave. I was given the classroom (as a long term sub) for the rest of the year. I spent the semester sure that at any minute someone was going to come in and accuse me of not knowing what I was doing. And they would have been right.

I was back living at home with my Mom and stepdad, driving him crazy with my messy room. (My Mom is awesome about messy kid bedrooms. She just says, "If you don't like it, shut the door!") Still licking my wounds from a bad break-up the previous summer, I was in the biggest dating lull of my life.

2. What were you doing a year ago? A year ago, I was 6 months pregnant with Party Girl. She was doing her deep sea flips in my belly, while I was trying to prepare Sass for a sibling. We (which means M.) was busy scraping, sanding, and painting Sass's big-girl room. We bought her a big bed, and when we showed her the new room and bed, all put together, she wanted to sleep in it that night. She slept soundly, but it took me a good week of checking on her 10 times a night. She looked so little in that great big bed, and still does. At a late ultrasound, we found out that PG was a girl, and decided to keep it to ourselves. We told Sass though, and everyone thought it was so cute how, when you asked her if the baby was a boy or a girl, she always chose girl, and told them her name. When my water broke, it was 4 AM, I went to tell Sass we were going to the hospital to "get" the new baby. I was so afraid she would cry and cling and not want me to leave, as I'd never left her at night before. Instead, she said, "Mama, don't bring home a boy!" Then she rolled over and went to sleep.

3. Five snacks I enjoy: Hah! Pre or post diet? I'll do a little of both.

1. avacado
2. pizza
3. wheat thins
4. veggie sushi
5. chocolate covered peanuts

4. Five songs to which I know all the lyrics:

1. Desparado-The Eagles
2. I'd Like to Visit the Moon-Ernie (Sesame Street)
3. Most Dave Matthews Band early stuff
4. The Gambler-Kenny Rogers
5. Sunrise - Norah Jones

5. Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Take care of my family and friends
2. Put money away for my girls
3. Buy two new houses, one here, one up north
4. Donate.
5. Stay home with my kids 'till they're grown

6. Five Bad Habits

1. Uhhhh....I overeat.
2. I don't pick up after myself.
3. Not locking my car door.
4. I stay up too late.
5. I jump to conclusions.

7. Five Things I Enjoy Doing

1. Being with my kids
2. Shopping with my Mom.
3. Going to movies with M.
4. Reading
5. Blogging/surfing


8. 5 Things I Would Never Wear (or buy or get)

1. a bikini
2. a nosering
3. spike heels
4. fur
5. those new huge bug-eye sunglasses that are so hot with celebrities right now

9. Five favorite toys

1. my blog
2. digital camera
3. P*eople Magazine
4. organization type storage materials (wow, do I sound boring. I love things that help you stay organized. I am drawn to them. But please do not misunderstand, I am not organized.)
5. my photo albums

This part I'm not sure I get. But I'm game. Remove the top person from the list. Bump everyone up a spot, and put yourself at the bottom.

afrindiemuman
elephants gestation
So its come down to this
ukraine adventure
145

And I'm going to tag......

Holly
Janey
Christi
Cmhl
Dee


That was fun!

Happy Saturday!

*a meme is an idea that is passed and shared from blog to blog

1 Comments:

Blogger Christi Nielsen said...

Thanks for the tag, Bethany. I'm trying to think of a way to make that fit on my blog. Maybe an image about lists. ;-)

Oh - and thanks for clarifying. I didn't know what a meme was either!

January 16, 2006 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home