January 24, 2006

She Likes Our Van!

On the way home from school today, Sass let me know:

"Mama? I like our van. Better than our car."

I laughed out loud.

"You do? You really like our van?"

"Yes! It has big windows and I can see better and I'm glad we have it now."

This is big news folks. You see, we traded in our car for the van 10 months ago. Sass has been pining for our old car ever since, and blames Party Girl for the change. (We bought the van so we'd have more room.) But now, now, she likes the van, and all is right in our world again.

.....
Mir from Woulda Coulda Shoulda inspired me last night to look at this event. I really considered it, all night long, even considering my poor shape. I've decided against it, mainly because it would mean two nights away from my kids, and because I think I should walk 20 miles in one day before I try to do it three days in a row. What a cool idea though, which is why I'm passing it on.
I do need a goal though. I'm thinking of a 10K race this summer or fall, one that I could walk and jog, not run necessarily. I'd like it to be for a good cause as well. I'm going to do some research tonight and let you know if I find something! In the meantime, does anyone have a link to a site where I can get a primo jogging bra? If I'm going to start jogging in the spring, I need something made of steel to keep these ladies from bouncing around!
.....
Sass's teacher had a handout today called "Parent's Beatitudes." I won't list them all, because there are many, but one especially hit home for me:
Blessed are the parents to accept the awkwardness of their growing children, letting each grow at her own speed.
I'm tatooing that on my right hand, so I can remind myself every day to let my children be themselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Her Grace said...

I wonder if we have anything like that around here. That would be a huge help.

I have a lot of trouble with athletic shoes. I get blisters a lot, or my pinky toe goes numb. I have wide feet, and an ankle that was badly broken 9 years ago, which changed the way my whole foot and leg works. I've actually been doing my 3 mile walking tape barefoot, and I like it a lot better.

I'm using Pilates Conditioning for Weight Loss by Gaiam with Suzanne Deason. I did no research before I bought it (a whopping $9.44, so I wasn't too worried), but I love it. I also have nothing to compare it to, so take that review with a grain of salt. It has three levels, all shown at once if you want, so that you can choose your level of workout. After the first day, I could do level 2 on most of the exercises. It's about 45 minutes, and my abs were SORE the next day, which I take as a good sign!

I'll have to check out your new blog!

January 24, 2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger Her Grace said...

Doh. Ok, that's not your new blog, that's a link for a jogging bra.

Thanks for the link!

January 24, 2006 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home