February 15, 2006

For Your Viewing Pleasure

What Is This?

A) A very, very messy table.
B) A sign that I never clean up around here.
C) A Very Important and Special Art Project
D) You have no idea.

If you guessed C, you are correct! Although A and B would have been very reasonable choices as well.

This is, in fact, A Very Important and Special Art Project that is currently on international display in our kitchen. No, it is not a pile of scrap fabric and paper. NO. Look deeper, look for the meaning, look at the layers and layers of glue. See that in addition to the paper and the fabric there are wadded up Kleenex! (clean of course) And stickers! And paint! It is Very Important! And Very Special! And Much Hard Work and Much Deliberating Has Gone Into Each Piece! It is so important that I Can't! Stop! Capitalizing!

Seriously, Sass put a tremendous amount of work into this beautiful...ummm...Project! and I today I am going to throw it away. I KNOW! I am Mean Terrible Mommy who is going to put it quietly in the trash while she watches Cinderella, but really, what am I to do? She's lost interest. It's been sitting, taking up valuable real estate on her art table for weeks, and it needs a new home. I think taking a photograph of it is a good compromise. I can tuck a nice 3x5 photo into her scrapbook. Plus, I don't really think she'll notice that it's gone. This artist of mine? She's all about the process.

In other news, I am staying on my diet. Wonders never cease.

Thanks for all of the encouraging words. I was really a grump yesterday. This morning, I got in a two hour "nap" (a nap at 8 AM just doesn't seem to qualify as a nap). M. let me go back to bed when he got up. The dishwasher has reluctantly agreed to start washing dishes again, for now, though I'm sure there'll be repeat contract negotiations in the future. And the laundry is...is the laundry really ever done? I've gone so far as to put the clothes I am wearing in before, throwing them in and saying "There!" like the job can really ever be finished. You can only walk around naked so long, however, before someone asks you to put your clothes back on.

I love Wednesday's because it's "Lost" day..any other fans out there?

2 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

It's a monsterpiece.

February 15, 2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

What a great idea to capture it in film (and then toss it). That would be a great answer to clutter in other areas too - you know, those things we hang onto "just because" - like artwork and stuff our kids do. Not that you want to throw away ALL your kids stuff of course! But what a great idea to capture it on film. HOpe you were successful in the inconspicuous toss.

February 16, 2006 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home