February 25, 2006

Where There's an Uh-Oh, There's Trouble

At 10 months old, Party Girl has "uh-oh" mastered.

She drops a cookie -- "uh-oh."

She throws her pacifier out of the crib -- "uh-oh."

She sees a forbidden (but coveted) object that I put out of her reach -- "uh-oh."

One morning M. got up with the girls and let me sleep in. He took Party Girl from me and headed down the stairs. She was reluctant to leave her mom behind, and she grabbed her dad's shoulder and said, "Uh-oh, uh-oh!"

Uh-oh translates pretty easily.

Tonight, I heard her cry about an hour after I put her down. I had heard a few sniffles after her bath and had a sneaking suspicion that she was coming down with a cold. As I walked into her room, I saw her sitting in her crib and could hear the congestion in her nose.

"Uh-oh!" she told me, flopping down on her blanket. "Ooooooohhhhh. Uh! Oh!"

It stinks to be sick, and even my Party Girl can say so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Oh poor kiddo. I hate when they have colds. I could hear it in Sass's voice when I was over there the other night.

February 26, 2006 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home