March 24, 2006

Moving On

M: It's going to be 40 degrees next week.

Me: Thank God.

M: Almost balmy.

Me: Yep, practically summer.

Eager to move on from this week's debate, but lacking the brain power to blog about anything of interest, I'll turn to one of my favorite topics: buying things.

Party Girl's turning one soon. Oh sure, you'll hear lots from me in the next couple weeks about it. You'll get lots of "Omigoshican'tbelieveits," and "Wheredidthetimegoes?" and you'll be like, "Turn one already Party Girl, so we can all move on." But I'll be like, "No I want to talk about it some more, can you believe she's really one?" And then I'll tell you I've been having baby urges, and then you'll all have to get the smelling salts for M. and my mom who know that I can not handle another baby, and I'll smile and say I know with a little grin, but that doesn't stop me from missing the soft sweet smell of newborn baby or from going back through the girls baby pictures -- nostaligic already for their early days -- though both are still babies in so many ways.

Anyway, I digress. We were going to talk about shopping. We've ordered Party Girl this and this for her birthday. Really, that's enough, but I thought maybe one or two more small things would be nice. I was thinking of a toy for her crib. I'm kind of a freak about cribs (or I could say, I'm Australian about cribs) and don't use bumpers, toys (except a small lovey), or blankets (until fairly recently with PG). Just a sheet and a baby in our cribs, and that helps me sleep at night. But Party Girl gets up early, as in 5:45 early, and if she had a little something safe to play with, maybe she'd let me sleep in.

Anyone have any favorite 1-year old toys that Party Girl might like? And maybe a small something idea for a 3 year old who -- though very understanding -- might have a teeny, weeny bent nose that day?

Send 'em my way!



3 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

It is amazing that she's turning 1. This year flew by. I will always treasure having been a tiny little part of the day she came into this world. I loved rushing to your house early in the morning and spending the day with Sass -- knowing the Sass' world was about to change in a big way. And it has. I don't think we could have anticipated the big personality that's come along with Party Girl. What a wonderul kiddo she is!

March 25, 2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

my "baby" is turning 3 may 2nd, and it will be hard for me.

as far as toys, it depends on the child. zoe loved anything that played music.

March 26, 2006 7:14 PM  
Blogger Her Grace said...

Moxie,

I don't know what a Rody is! I'll have to look that up.

2008 huh? That seems to be a good amount of space. I really do think we're done -- a family of four feels complete to us. It's just hard to think no more babies, you know?

Holly-

S. turned 3 in Jan. (as you know) and that was HARD. It all goes by so fast.

Margaret --

She is a big personality. I hear NOOOOO and DOOOOG and GOOOOK (no, dog, and look!) all day long!

March 26, 2006 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home