March 27, 2006

Yay Springtime!


This morning, getting ready to go out into the yard:

Sass: That's not my coat.

Me: I know, it's your spring jacket.

Sass: Why is it my spring jacket?

Me: Because it's spring.

Sass: Why is it spring in my spring jacket?

Me: It's nice outside today. No more snow. You don't have to wear your winter coat today.

Sass: Oh..spring! Yay springtime!

Yay springtime..indeed. Finally. I'm amazed these little flowers could push themselves up through the mess that is my neglected flowerbeds. But they did, and in Sass's favorite color no less. It took all of her willpower not to pluck them up, but she left them to gaze upon tomorrow.

Speaking of flowers...

Flowers For Peanut

(Go ahead. Click it. You know you want to.)


3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Yay Springtime indeed!

We've got lovely white hyacinths coming up in the flower beds. they smell SO good!

March 27, 2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I love crocuses. I'll have to plant some this fall.

March 27, 2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger Her Grace said...

I often wonder if people who live where the seasons don't change dramatically feel this sense of "spring" and the renewal it brings. Do they care about 50 degree days and little flowers poking through the leaves and weeds of last season? (Or am I the only one with leaves and weeds in her flower beds?)

March 28, 2006 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home