August 30, 2006

Does It Make Me a Bad Parent If...

...Sass's hair didn't see a hairbrush today?

...in the span of 5 minutes Party Girl:
a) ate out of a box of dry pasta she found in the cupboard
b) ate out of the crayon box
c) ate out of the garbage
d) then tried to stick a pencil in her ear?

...I declared NO ONE CAN ASK MOMMY A QUESTION FOR FIVE MINUTES, NOPE NO QUESTIONS. NOPE, YOU ALSO CAN'T ASK ME FOR A GLASS OF MILK. FIVE MINUTES.

...I forgot to feed the dog and then yelled at her for following me around like I hadn't?

...the girls have eaten macaroni and cheese for lunch for the last three days in a row?

...the paper girl rang the doorbell for her monthly payment and I ignored it because I'd yet to get dressed?

...I made a big to-do on Monday about teaching Sass all about butterflies and even dug out all of my teaching materials to do so and we did a butterfly craft on Monday and read all about their life cycle on the internet and......it's now Wednesday night and we haven't talked about butterflies since?

...I forgot to water the strawberry bed and lost 1/3 of our plants?

...I wondered outloud if 5:30 was too early for bedtime?

Don't judge me until you've walked a mile in my shoes -- which you can't do because I've only been able to find one since the girl's played dress up this afternoon with them -- so you'll have to walk a mile in my dirty bare feet instead.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, I live in your shoes.

Do you watch My Name is Earl? Brett Butler was either his mother or his ex-wife's, and she was always saying "Don't judge me."

August 30, 2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I seem to remember a certain babysitter who put PG to bed a 1/2 hour early just so she could get some time to pay attention to Sass. I wonder who that was...

August 31, 2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

First, 5:30 is definitely not too early for bed. They are growing, they need rest. :-) It doesn't make you a bad mom, it makes you human and gives you compassion when you see that frazzled mom at the grocery store, uttering things like, "if you speak one more word, really, i'll leave the cart right here, and you will get nothing.." NOT that I know anyone who would do that.

August 31, 2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

No. Not bad. Just a mommy who spends time with her kids. At least you didn't drive off with PG in your lap and came up with the lame excuse the paparozzi were chasing you.....

August 31, 2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Seems pretty normal to me.

August 31, 2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

tee hee... I can relate

August 31, 2006 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home