September 23, 2006

New Blog! **UPDATED!**

**Updated to say: Good Eats has been moved to wordpress because they have categories. Do you hear that Blogger? CA-TE-GOR-EEES. I looked around for a blogger categories fix, but it made my head spin. So now we're at www.goodeats.wordpress.com. Enjoy!

Earlier this summer, I was ordering produce at my local co-op. They had a surplus of kale, so I decided to take some, though I had no idea what to do with it.

That same week, a fellow co-op member posted a recipe for kale chips to our forum -- place on a cookie sheet, drizzle with oil, salt, and bake. How simple, I thought.

There are so many foods out there that I've never tried because I haven't the slightest idea how to cook them. I'm not -- in general -- an adventurous cook, but I'd like to be. I'd like to know what to do with a sweet potato besides slice it up and make baked fries in the oven. I'd like to know what on earth to do with an eggplant. And as much as I love her and I love it, we get really tired of my great-grandma's stroganoff recipe after eating it for the third time in 10 days.

Lots of bloggers post recipes, and I'm always scrambling to copy down the ones that interest me. Moxie posted one last week that was perfect, because this week I ordered red chard from the co-op, though I had no idea how to cook it. (Kind of a sink or swim strategy, I know. Or a cook or let rot strategy, I guess.) This weekend, I finally got around to starting a project I've been thinking about for a while, kind of a clearing house of all those recipes I see scattered across blogland.

So here it is: Good Eats -- a member blog for exchanging great recipes. Head on over and visit and if you think you'd like to contribute, send me an email at hergrace01@yahoo.com. I'll send you the info and once you're a member, you can post your own delicious recipes for us to try.

Mmmmm...my stomach is growling already!

5 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Great idea, my friend!

September 23, 2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger Her Grace said...

Thanks Margaret! (And I'm going to try your recipe out this week!)

Moxie -- if you're interested in being a member, just drop me an email and I'll send you an invite.

September 25, 2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

Can I post something that looks suspiciously like a mac and cheese recipe? :)

September 25, 2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger Her Grace said...

Jenn -

Come on now, you've given me a few good ideas before! What about your broccoli and feta concoction?

September 25, 2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

OK, THIS IS NOT A NEW BLOG!!! :)

September 27, 2006 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home