September 04, 2006

Tapp Dancing

I'm in the middle of a 14-day T-Tapp workout. I've never made it past day 4 before, and I've realized why. Day 4 is the worst -- legs-quivering, waking-up-with-muscles-you-didn't-know
you-had-aching-worst. But after day 4 it gets a little easier, so I'm glad I moved past it.

I'm doing the 15 minute Basic Workout Plus. Every day after breakfast, it's the first thing I do. Otherwise, it gets lost in the shuffle of our day. The kids have even started trying to do it with me. Sass likes the hoedowns and tries to lift her knees up high, Party Girl squats next to me and blows out hard whenever Teresa says "exhale."

I didn't think I'd seen much of a difference yet. The scale hasn't budged a bit (and if I'm building muscle, it shouldn't have anyway), and my clothes seem to fit the same. Then yesterday as we got ready for our niece's birthday party, I couldn't find anything I wanted to wear. I slipped on a pair of denim capris that hadn't fit all summer -- I knew they wouldn't fit, but I was desperate. Guess what? They slid right on. Not a perfect fit, still a little snug, but six days made the difference between not being able to wear them and wearing them. I just doubled my denim wardrobe!

The hoedown move is clinically proven to reduce blood sugar by something like 60-100 points. I'd like to start doing it after every meal, but I'm not that organized yet. What I have noticed is that since I started doing T-Tapp I'm having an easier time making healthy food choices, and the sugary foods don't jump down my throat as quickly. It's kind of like I have a little bit of think time before I impulse eat, and that few seconds gives me the strength I need to make a better choice.

I heart T-Tapp, if I was in junior high I'd write it all over my notebooks in big swirly letters. But I'm not, so I'll write it on my blog instead.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So "Mrs. Bethany T.Tapp", have you picked out names for your children yet?

September 04, 2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Great job! I love the I heart T-Tapp line. Too funny.

September 05, 2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

Isn't it great to get into clothes that you didn't think you had a chance of putting on? congrats--keep up the awesome work!!

September 05, 2006 9:09 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

YAY for capris that fit!

September 05, 2006 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home