October 29, 2006

30 Second Snapshot

Mom, can I help you?
What are you doing?
Can I put them in?
Why is it hot?
Ow, it burned me.
Yes, it did.
Why are they wet?
Why do we wash them?
Why do they get dirty?
They smell funny.
Can I help you put them in?
Why only the towels?
How do towels get dirty?
YOU DID THEM ALL! WHY DID YOU DO THEM ALL?
I wanted to do one more.
Why is smoke coming out?
What's steam?
What kind of soap is that?
Why do you pour it in a cup?
Can I put it in?
Why is it blue?
Why do you need soap to wash clothes?
What happens if you don't use soap?
Why don't they get clean?
What would happen if we never washed our clothes?
What if we didn't have washing machines?
How long does it take?
How long is a half hour?
How long is 30 minutes?
Mama?
Mama?
Why do you need a little quiet time, Mama? WHY?


4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

You can't say she isn't inquisitive!

October 29, 2006 10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, or happily, but in the moment it is sadly I can relate....

October 30, 2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger Her Grace said...

This goes on generally all day long. I love how inquisitive she is, and we encourage it 99.9% of the time. I've started throwing her question back at her. "Why do YOU think we wash our clothes?" She's on to me though: "I don't know, Mama. That's why I asked YOU." Ha.

October 30, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

It's a sad day when you realize that maybe, just maybe, your kid is smarter than you. :)
I attribute it to them actually gaining the braincells that you lose with motherhood.

October 31, 2006 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home