October 01, 2006

9 Little Fingers, 10 Little Toes

Last night, Sass and I were lying in her bed have our nightly chat-a-thon before I tucked her in. She'd been drilling me with questions about airplanes, and suddenly switched to math:

"How many is a couple?" She asked.

"Two."

"Then how many is a few?"

"Three."

"Oh. How many is five and five?"

"Count your fingers," I said. "You have five fingers on each hand."

She started counting, but missed her thumb. She got it the second time, but missed the pinky on her other hand.

"I get nine." She said.

"Count again," I said, my eyes tiredly closing. "You should have 10."

She started recounting, but again came up with nine.

"I can't help it, Mom. There's only nine." Exasperated, she sighed and rolled over to go to sleep.

I considered getting up and searching for the missing finger, but decided it could wait for morning, and went to sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

That's cute. My daughter is also into how much is _______(or insert any type of calculation) a minute?

October 02, 2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Somehow we missed that finger anomaly when she was born, didn't we?

October 02, 2006 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home