October 07, 2006

Feeling Better

Fever's broke. Dinner has been eaten (an accomplishment, as both children decided to subsist on air and milk and the stray popsicle yesterday). Party Girl, who was the more miserable of the two, seemed to perk up a little late afternoon. She sat in my lap, reading a book, crooning Thank-eau. Tanks! Tank-eau. It broke my heart that she was thanking me for reading her a book, something I happily do, or that maybe she was just thankful to not be so miserable.

Sass, bless her heart, is standing next to me washing her dishes in her play kitchen set. I have to wash dishes every day! Because my dishwasher is broken! she chirps happily. She didn't get that from me, because -- though my dishwasher is indeed broken again -- I can't believe I ever sound that happy to be washing up.

My mom brought an old friend over today to visit. Sass showed her around our old house, even walking her into my bedroom where piles of laundry lie in wait. (Waiting for what, I don't know. Me, I guess. They can keep waiting, as far as I'm concerned.) In our dining room, she took her over to a window seat with three windows that swing open. Oh, she shrugged, that one there has been stuck for years. She may have the tired housewife routine down after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I'm glad they're both feeling better!

October 07, 2006 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home