October 02, 2006

Head in the Sand, Inc.

Last week, our dishwasher broke. Well, it didn't break so much as it started making horrible grinding noises and smelled like smoke, which was close enough to broken for me.

We've learned a lot over the course of our years of home ownership, but fixing dishwashers is not in our knowledge base, so I was left with the task of calling a dishwasher repairman and started hand washing my dishes.

The week came and went and I never called. M asked every day, but my reply was always, "Nope. I'm not tired enough of handwashing them to pay a repair bill." He'd nod his head and put the dishes drying on the countertop away.

Washing dishes today, I leaned over and pushed the "start" button on the dishwasher, just for kicks, on the off chance it had miraculously healed itself. A few minutes later, I realized it was running quietly. I yanked open the door and peered into the empty dishwasher. Everything seemed as it should be, though I'm no expert.

I told M about this exciting development when he came home for lunch. He applauded my strategy of being cheap and totally ignoring the problem and since this is the second time I fixed the dishwasher this way, he thought maybe I should start my own website. He even wrote my slogan for me:

Completely Ignore Your Problems and They Really Might Just Go Away

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

How great is that....

Sounds like a good business plan too. he he

October 03, 2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

I'd like to enroll in that class. :)

October 03, 2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I want to be Vice President, OK? I once fixed my washing machine in the very same way.

October 03, 2006 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home