October 08, 2006

I Need a Noise Machine

I spoke too soon. Party Girl's still sick and off to the doctor tomorrow. I think three days of fever and constantly pulling at your mouth warrant a trip, don't you? The doctor told me today there is a particularly nasty sore throat going around right now, which I think fits her symptoms, but I want to rule out strep/ear infection.

In any case, I was up umpteen times last night so M got up with the kids at 7:30. I rolled over to go back to sleep and turned on the TV for a little white noise. At some point after I fell back to sleep, Meet the Press came on and apparently the topic of the day was Mark Fo!ey.

Suddenly, in my dreams, everyone was talking about Mark Fo!ey. There was my husband, following me through a store where we were shopping for wild mushrooms (to which I'm allergic, hmm.) telling me everything I need to know about Mark Fo!ey. There's my mom, helping me with dishes talking about Mark Fo!ey. Sister in law? Check. More Mark Fo!ey. Suddenly I'm on a waterslide. M's there too. So's a girl I knew in high school. Both talking about Mark Fo!ey. I dreamt I ran a race through a forest and no one believed me. I ran it again to prove it. But all they did was sit around and talk about Mark Fo!ey. Even Sass at one point let me know that the exploitation of teenage pages was really not a good idea.

My subconscious now knows everything there is to know about Mark Fo!ey.

The rest of me just needs some sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Bummer that she's still sick. Shoot me an email at work tomorrow to let me know what the doc says.

Isn't it weird how noises can creep into our sleeping brains? I was having a weird dream last week and I had a 5 or 6 year old little girl. I was holding her and she was crying like an infant and it was really odd sounding. Finally I woke up enough to realize the crying was coming from my neighbor's newborn. Oops.

October 08, 2006 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have totally dreamt in front of the tv like that before. Very weird isn't it?

I hope you are all better soon.

October 08, 2006 8:30 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I dream about tv shows all the time. As if I am in them and they are real. I guess that would mean I watch too much TV but I am pretending not to know that.

I hope the girls are better soon. Hopefully the doctor will be able to tell you for sure what is going on.

October 09, 2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

I think dreaming about Mark Foley actually constitutes a nightmare. Hope the girls are getting better..I got my flu shot last week, and the girls will be getting theirs this week. NOT ready for cold and flu season.

October 09, 2006 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home