October 16, 2006

It's Not You, It's Me

September 30th has come and past, but I didn't forget my promise to myself. My goal was to lose 11 pounds by the end of this month, my one year anniversary as a blogger.

I didn't lose 11 pounds, but I did begin faithfully doing T-Tapp. I can't be certain, because I didn't measure before I began, but I think I've lost almost a pant size. So I think it's a wash, really. I've come to discover that I can't diet, and for the time being I'm done trying. I'm going to focus on T-Tapping every other day and reteaching myself to make better food choices and restrict portions. I want to lose the weight, I just can't keep beating myself up for trying and failing.

In any case, I've decided to close down Her Grace anyway. At least for a while.

Like a relationship that's going nowhere, my blog and I have run out of things to say to each other. I start a post, then save it as a draft and never return to it. Or I finish one and delete it. It's not a lull, it's not writer's block, I just think it's time to try something new for a while.

I'm not going to shut the site down, not yet. I'm going to take a break -- a real break this time, not like this summer when I said I was taking a break and started posting a week later -- and see if I miss it. If I do, I'll be back. If not, then I'll say goodbye to what has been a fun and enlightening hobby.

I've whittled down my blogroll, but I plan to keep reading my favorites. There's good writing out there, TV talk, mom talk, and stories that make me wish we could turn to the last page to see how they turn out.

So, that's it. I'll see you in the comments section. Unless I change my mind. How's that for a goodbye? Goodbye! Maybe! Unless I come back! So see you later! Probably! If you were my boyfriend, you'd be heard shouting: But we were on a break!

Take care.


6 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Will really miss your writing Bethany. I especially love reading about Sass and Party Girl - your love for them shines through your words. You are an inspiration to me and a role model for mothers. Good luck with everything and I hope you change your mind and make a comeback soon. Best wishes, Janey. xxxx

October 15, 2006 3:12 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

The first time you tried this I tried to talk you out of it. Not this time, though. I've started to feel that pull away from my blog too. I'm determined to keep writing on The OW until I've completed an adoption, but after that it's doubtful.

I will miss reading your stories, though. The little details about Sass and PG that I would miss otherwise... they're fun to read about. It makes me see them and love them in a whole new way. You bring life to words, and that's a gift.

Anyway. Onward and upward.

October 15, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

I'm going to miss this blog like crazy!! I hope that you find it's become a part of your life that you enjoy, rather than another duty, and come back soon!!

October 16, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Sorry to see you go. Hopefully your break will be enough but if not I wish you well.

I also hope all goes well with the elections so that you don't have to worry about that anymore.

October 16, 2006 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you come back. Fingers crossed.

October 16, 2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

Just checking to see if you came back. :)

October 17, 2006 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home