October 06, 2006

Mystery Illness

The girls are both sick tonight. Party Girl's hot (can't tell exactly HOW high her fever is because the stupid thermometer I just bought reads 94.5 no matter whose ear it's in). I gave her motrin an hour ago and it still hasn't broke. I'm not sure what to do if it doesn't, it always has.

I went to the store for milk and sore throat goodies (popsicles, drinkable yogurts, etc.) and M said Sass threw up and then begged to go to bed at 6. I laid down with her when I got home to feel her head and she woke up crying and hanging on me. I asked Does your stomach hurt? Your head? Your nose? Your throat? She nodded yes to all. I finally said Where does it hurt? and she grabbed my shoulder and said Right here, Mama. I think maybe she's got that ache you get when you first come down with a cold.

Besides the fevers, there's nothing else apparently wrong. But now that they both have it, at least I'm assured it's probably viral and not some sort of infection.

They've been healthy for months...guess it's time to welcome cold and flu season. Bah.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Bummer. Sass is sick now, too? Maybe it was the oranges...

Hopefully they'll perk up some tomorrow.

October 06, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger Her Grace said...

Margaret -- When I got home and M said she threw up that's the first thing I thought of! The oranges! I went racing up stairs, but M assured me it was more of a getting-too-upset kind of throw up.

Knock wood.

October 06, 2006 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the girls are feeling better! xx

October 07, 2006 5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home