November 08, 2006

Close, But No Cigar

All night long, I've had "Close, but no tomato" stuck in my head. Don't ask me why. And don't ask me why 50.49% of my community can't see past their stubborn opinions to invest in our city's future.

In any case, we lost. Right now by about 168 votes, but that'll change overnight, as there are a few precincts left to report. It'll get worse, not better, though. I finally convinced M, who has an amazing ability to hold out hope, to come home.

We're exhausted, worried, unsure, disappointed, as are a lot of other people tonight.

I'm sure tomorrow the ball will start rolling on making cuts. Where we'll stand when it's all said and done, I don't know.

Thanks to Margaret for watching my babies into the wee hours of the night, and for my Mom just for being there. No matter what happens, we've got good people around us, and really that's all that matters.




3 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I kept checking the TV and the web throughout the night (my stomach is still on a warpath) hoping to see a difference. They still aren't showing 100% of precincts reporting.

I'm so incredibly disappointed in our community. If there's anything I've learned in this past year it's that bad things -- things we never wanted to happen and will never be glad about -- can still sometimes lead to good things. Unexpected turns can be beautiful, too.

November 08, 2006 8:05 AM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

I kept calling and trying to see where the results stood...I cannot, for any reason, understand the ignorance of voters when it comes to these issues...I am so, so sorry and thinking of you all like crazy; I wish there were something I could do besides pray for you. You're in my thoughts.

November 08, 2006 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry. I hope it all works out ok for you and your family.

November 08, 2006 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home