June 07, 2007

Her Own Worst Enemy

Yesterday, we came home from the park and discovered that JoJo had eaten an entire bag of chocolates. Not only did she eat the chocolates, she ate the foil that they were wrapped in to make them look like teeny little baseballs. This morning, over breakfast, I expressed concern that not only did she eat an awful lot of chocolate, she ate quite a bit of tinfoil as well.

M helpfully pointed out that dogs don't know how to unwrap candy.

"That's true," I said, "But if I don't have a can opener to open my soup, I don't eat the can."

It's not that I expect a dog who licks the kitchen floor to be a gourmet, but shouldn't I be able to expect a certain level of personal responsibility from her?

Apparently not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

Maybe if you didn't starve her on a daily basis, she wouldn't have to resort to eating tin foil.

And I like the Dalmation look on her.

It's slimming.

Wait, I mean that it helps hide the ribs that are sticking out from the not ever being fed thing.

June 07, 2007 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home