February 14, 2006

Slacker + Blogger = Slogger?

So, I haven't posted in the while. Call it uninspired, call it too busy, you probably call it B-O-R-I-N-G. That's me! In a nutshell!

We're scraping the bottom of the barrell around here -- a day late and a dollar short. The dishwasher's broken, the laundry is stacked (heaped) knee high in the laundry room, my blog has looked the same for days, and I just don't feel like doing any of it!

The girls went to bed in pjs that are neither season or size appropriate. Sass has on a flimsy princess nighty with a spare pair of bottoms and Party Girl looks like a little baby sausage stuffed into her too tight pink long johns.

Yesterday, the dishwasher quit holding up its end of the bargain and stopped washing dishes. Though my kids were cranky, and the kitchen a disaster area, I took three tools I recognized to it and removed all the parts that were, or at least looked, removable. The dishwasher laughed at my amatuer efforts, so I called my stepdad. He suggested I run it on the hottest cycle possible with nothing in it. I again gathered my tools, but the thing back together, and hopefully its out there right now, fixing itself.

Sass has a big old lymph node on her neck, usually a sign that a cold is a comin' and Party Girl sneezed about 20 times in a row at 5 AM so I have a feeling that something virusy and requiring kleenex is headed our way. Cross your fingers for us.

Perhaps strangest of all, I've begun having
gallbladder pain. Unexpected? Impossible? But true!

I can feel the blues creeping up on me. They are tickling my toes and trying to pull me down. Sometimes, when they come, I say, "Sure. Why not." and get to wallowing. I rub myself down in their angsty lotion, and bury myself deep under their heavy covers at night. But this time, I don't feel like being blue. I don't feel like being down. I want to be cheerful and have energy and be myself and right now it just feels like I'm walking through sludge, but at least I'm walking.

So that's why I haven't been posting. I'm a whiny complainer. And who wants to listen to that?

7 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Hmm. You listened to a whiny complainer (aka Me) all day yesterday! We all have our days. It's officially my job as the best friend to listen to any and all whiny complaints. So call me. I promise to stop talking about adoption long enough for you to get a word in edgewise!

February 14, 2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I don't know ya, but I have enjoyed reading your blog. You have a great sense of humor and a knack for writing. Plus, I am a fellow "weight loss/loser wanna be" so I'm right there with ya. Keep on plodding away - it'll get better. Seems like everything breaks down and hits you financially all at once. It'll get better. You can get through it! Chin up and keep posting when you can - I enjoy reading your blog.

Dana

February 14, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger Her Grace said...

Thanks for the kind words Dana, and keep coming back. I promise better moods are down the road.

Margaret -
You kept me company while I cleaned my house, it was a win/win phone call!

February 14, 2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I just rechecked your blog and I must have skipped over the gallbladder comment before. I'm so confused.

February 14, 2006 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chin-up! The blues will pass. Thinking of you. x

February 15, 2006 3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kiddo, the grey fog does roll back in periodically, but then rolls back out. As hard as it may seem, try to watch it happen from a third person point of view rather than allow yourself to be swept down stream in it.

Your writings really inspire me, so if nothing else, just keep "slogging"

Blessings,

Craig T

February 15, 2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

watch that gallbladder girl!

February 15, 2006 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home