October 25, 2006

Lost Talk (I'm Back**)

Ok, no more spoilers for me. I kept waiting for it to happen and it never did and it sort of spoiled the whole episode for me. I'll leave that post up below, anyway, but apparently I need to learn to read, because in my panic of reading that article I missed a lot of important information (like NOT Sawyer and NEXT week.) On to the episode:

Thoughts:

1. The Others don't live on the island. No wonder they always approach by water. But Others have been on the island. Remember them tip toeing through the woods? And they kidnapped a tail-ee last season remember? And didn't they kill the guy that Ana Lucia thought was an Other and locked in a hole in the ground? It's getting to the point where I need to go back and watch some of those old episodes just to keep up. Which brings me to:

2. The Others are not killers, according to Ben. I have some arguments to make about that. Who killed Steve/Scott in Season 1 (or was that 2?) Then it was implied that it was Ethan, who is in fact part of this particular set of Others (remember at the opening of this season, he was in the little "village" with Ben and Juliette.) Also, who hung Charlie and left him for dead? And though Michael killed Ana Lucia and Libby, wasn't he encouraged to do so to get Ben back to the Others? (I had to! He's my son!) And if they aren't killers, who is Danielle so afraid of? And why did Alex run away from them?

3. So Ben needs a surgeon. That's why Jack's being held. So was it a planned plane crash? I still don't think so. I think that when they got the passenger lists and realized that Jack was a surgeon, they decided to hold him.

4. Sawyer has a daughter. That was the woman from last season that he fell in love with but was forced to con, right? The man with the 10 million looked familiar. And what an intense trick to play on Sawyer. I assumed they'd done nothing to his heart, that it was psychological, but still.

5. Juliette is a fertility doctor. Was she part of the Dharma initiative? I still get the feeling that this group is a holdover or a group of survivors from Dharma. I had a theory that we were going to find out they were actually 110 years old or something, based on Dharma's research in longevity, but now that Ben's sick, that kind of goes out the window. Juliette and the foreman seemed especially shook up by Colleen's death. They obviously haven't had any violence in their midst before.

Two weeks left. Please save Eko. Please?

**I thought I didn't miss blogging, but I suddenly realize I do. I'm back, but posting may be sporadic. Or not. Because if you've learned anything about me, it should be that I have a hard time making up my mind.
.............................................................................................

SPOILERS BELOW! You've been warned!

And do you know why?

THIS. (WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER ALERT. Do not click that link or read on if you do not want to read spoilers about tonight's Lost episode.)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

If it's Eko, I'll seriously question my commitment to this show. If it's Jack, I will stand on my couch and applaud. I take that back. If it's Jack, Kate will be left to pick up the slack of making me feel like sticking pins in my knees just to distract me from watching scenes between her and Sawyer. Maybe it's Kate? I'll stand on my head on my couch and applaud. Hmmm. Doesn't Jack kind of seem like an anchor character? I hope it's not Sawyer. He's been growing on me, though maybe that's intentional so it'll pack a more emotional punch. Oh dear me. What if it's Sun or Jin? Ack.

But here's something that bugs me. Last year they killed off Ana Lucia and Libby, which was roughly 35% of the female cast, in one episode. When I wrote that Men of Lost post last season, I thought I may do a female version, but there were only three and a half female characters left. (And yes, Rose is the half, because she's only on twice a season, though she should be on more.) So it won't be Kate. I think it's Sawyer. He revealed his name to Kate last week. He's gone soft. He's the one. I think. (Edited to say: I need sleep. The article specifically said it was NOT Sawyer. DUH. So forget that prediction. I can't believe it's Jack, but maybe so. Or maybe it's an Other. No more predicting, I'll just watch and see.)

I read somewhere that the way to predict who was going next was to watch the flashbacks. When a character's backstory is wrapped up, they need to start watching their back.

I was going to record tonight's show and try to get some sleep, but no way now.

**I thought I didn't miss blogging, but I suddenly realize I do. I'm back, but posting may be sporadic. Or not. Because if you've learned anything about me, it should be that I have a hard time making up my mind.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You are back! And I don't even watch that damn show.

October 25, 2006 7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, glad you are back.

Now on to Lost...
I am not even sure where to begin. I guess what is getting me most now is the fact that (australian button pusher whose name is escaping me right now) can see the future. I think Hurley is wondering about that too.

I too am a bit tired of the whole love triangle with Jack, Sawyer and Kate.

October 26, 2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

SO glad to see you here! :)
Seriously, if Lost doesn't offer up some answers soon, I don't think I'll be able to take it much more. Thank God for The Office. :)

October 26, 2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Glad you're back (at least sporadically). But you know me... I have nothing to contribute to Lost talk. :-)

October 28, 2006 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home